Storm Safety 101
Even though we’re headed into fall – we’re not completely clear of hurricane season yet. The good news is we usually have a substantial heads up for storms of this magnitude. But not all storms give us fair warning – if elements combine in just the right way – we can get thunder, lightning and wind worthy of worry. Although storms are unpredictable, there are things we can do to keep our homes and offices safe from damage.
- Keep trees manicured and gutters clean.
- Make sure your roof is in good shape.
- Move your car into the garage to avoid hail damage.
- During a storm, stay on top of developing concerns by watching the news or consulting your weather app regularly.
- Do not go outside in a storm unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Don’t sleep near a window if there are high winds or a tornado warning.
- Make sure pets are safe inside before a storm starts.
- Keep a flashlight near and charge your phone in the event of a power outage.
At SERVPRO Park Cities, we are always watching the weather and preparing to help in the event of water or fire damage. Our professional equipment and technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We’ve also developed an Emergency Readiness Profile® that can be used to evaluate your home or business so that you feel confident that you'll be safe in a storm.
This is a FREE assessment – find out more here https://ready.SERVPRO.com/home/readyprogram.