Merry and Bright without the Fright
Christmas items are already in stores and people are getting the decorating bug. As you start brightening up your home and yard, make sure you stay fire-safe. Here is some pre-winter wisdom to keep in mind:
Candles give a room a cozy vibe and smell delicious, but proper usage is key to keeping them safe. Be sure they are on a stable surface with plenty of ventilation and that they aren't near anything flammable such as dried flowers or paper decorations. Battery powered candles are also a great option!
If you love a live Christmas tree, you have to keep it well watered to avoid dry branches which can easily catch fire. It's also important to unplug the lights when not in use or have them set up on a timer to automatically shut off.
Before you get the fireplace going, have your chimney inspected and make sure your smoke detectors work. Don't let the fallen leaves pile up too much, especially if there is a dry spell.
We hope your holidays are hassle free, but should you experience any fire or smoke damage, SERVPRO of Park Cities is here to help. Call us at 214-522-3000.