Toilet overflow and the restoration process.
Water damage from a toilet is more than any of us wanna handle. Let the professionals at SERVPRO of Park Cities take care of it the right way.
Nobody wants to have to deal with a water damage in their home or business, but this is especially true when that water damage is a result of a toilet backing up. When things in the bathroom go awry it can be overwhelming to figure out what your first step should be, but have no fear, SERVPRO is here to help. The following steps describe both what you should do in this situation, and what the restoration process looks like.
- When a toilet starts to overflow, the best and first thing you can do to protect your home is to turn the water off.
- Try to avoid the contaminated wet area as much as possible to prevent sewage from being tracked into any other rooms.
- Call your insurance agent and SERVPRO to begin your restoration process as much as possible.
- Highly trained SERVPRO professionals will tear out anything that may have been contaminated by the toilet water, including flooring, drywall, and ceilings.
- Once all infected materials have been removed, our professional’s will disinfect the area. The disinfectant chosen depends on the job and the equipment needed to clean the space.
- Finally, our crew will put in dehumidifiers and fans to remove any excess water that remains.
If you experience a water damage at your home, especially those that are created by a toilet or sewage backup call SERVPRO of Park Cities anytime at 214-522-3000.
Winter Fire Safety
Maintaining safety during the winter months is very important. Don’t let the cooler weather get your guard down.
Many people may not realize, but the risk for house fires increases dramatically during the winter months. As we spend more time indoors, particularly during the holidays, our activities put us at a higher risk. These activities include everything from decorating with lights, cooking, burning candles, and even heating our homes. Follow these winter activity tips to create a safer environment in your house this season:
- Place any heating device at least 3 feet away from anything combustible (paper, clothing, etc.)
- Don’t leave heaters on when you are home alone or while you sleep. They should never be unmonitored.
- Check cords for frays or breaks, and always turn off the heater if the cord or outlet begin to feel hot.
- Have chimneys inspected by a professional before use each year.
- Always make sure your smoke detectors are installed and working, but especially when you are going to be burning a fire.
- Keep any candles in sturdy containers that cannot be easily knocked over, and be sure to extinguish them before leaving the room.
- Be careful when using candles in decorations, make sure the flame isn’t too close to something that could ignite.
- Consider using battery operated candles to reduce your risk even further.
- Always unplug lights, or have them set up on a timer to automatically turn off.
- Keep trees away from heat vents and other heat sources.
- Make sure your tree stand can hold your tree securely, and that it can also hold about 3 days’ worth of water.
If you experience a fire at your home this winter call SERVPRO of Park Cities anytime at 214-522-3000.
Taking care of mold the right way
SERVPRO of Park Cities specializes in professional mold removal.
When there's a water intrusion, like a roof leak or a broken water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can affect your health and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Park Cities professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different, requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same. The following steps illustrate a "typical" mold removal process.
Step 1 - Call SERVPRO of Park Cities
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us, SERVPRO of Park Cities, at 214-522-3000. One of our representatives will ask a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources and personnel needed.
Step 2 - Inspection & Damage Assessment
Your property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources. Mold grows best in dark, moist areas with a food source (drywall, wood, etc.), so the areas that promote growth in homes are often out of sight.
Step 3 - Mold Containment
Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
Step 4 - Air Filtration
Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the air. SERVPRO of Park Cities technicians utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
Step 5 - Removing Mold & Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. Antifungal and antimicrobial treatments will be used to eliminate mold colonies and help prevent new colonies from forming. Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and flooring, may be necessary to remediate heavy mold growth.
Step 6 - Cleaning Contents & Belongings
SERVPRO of Park Cities cleans your furniture, decorative items, curtains and any other items affected by mold. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. We are also able to remove odors and deodorize using fogging equipment.
Step 7 - Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may be removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet, or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of Park Cities Professionals understand mold growth, and have the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business. Call us now if you suspect mold growth in your home at 214-522-3000.
North Texas Tornado Damage in Park Cities
Many homes were affected by this recent storm damage. SERVPRO of Park Cities is out offering their services to the community.
On October 20th 2019 tragedy struck the DFW metroplex in the form of tornadoes touching down in multiple cities. Some of the affected areas include, Richardson, Garland, Wylie, Dallas, and many others. The strongest of the tornadoes, classified as an EF-3 which had winds up to 140 mph, made it’s way through a densely populated area where many of the residents had heavy damage to or lost their property all together. The devastation to the homes and families is on a large scale but fortunately no deaths or missing persons have been reported.
Now what does this mean for Dallas residents? The clean up effort is well on the way with foundations such as the Red Cross setting up places to take donations. First responders were on the scene for the first 6 hours after the tornado making sure no one was trapped under collapsed rubble. Many families have had to relocate from their homes while insurance determines whether or not it is salvageable. SERVPRO of Park Cities is partnering with home owners and insurance companies and going out and assessing the damage to these homes. We provide restoration services as well as clean ups for water damage and storm damage. We also help residents move out of their homes while also storing and cleaning their items until they are ready to be moved back into the home.
Times of tragedy can be heartbreaking. SERVPRO of Park Cities, is here to take away some of that heartbreak. Give us a call at 972-496-2441.
SERVPRO Commercial properties services.
SERVPRO of Park Cities can improve the safety of you working conditions.
SERVPRO is well known for the excellence service we provide across the country when disaster strikes. From floods to fires, hail storms and hurricanes, and everything in between, SERVPRO is always there and ready at a moments notice to spring into action and help anyone return their home or business back to normal. However, there are many other times, outside of disastrous situations, where SERVPRO of Park Cities can be of service to your commercial property.
A clean work environment is vital to success in any business, and that’s where we come in. Along with our restoration services we also provide many beneficial deep cleaning services that can prolong the life of many aspects within a commercial property. Regular cleanings of both your carpets/floors and air duct systems can save you time and money. Especially when it comes to your HVAC system. We also provide general deep cleaning services, are specially trained in removing everything from difficult stains and bad smells to graffiti, and are licensed in biohazard cleanups.
For more information on our services please call us anytime at 214-522-3000.
Call SERVPRO of Park Cities for Mold
DIY mold removal can be dangerous, let the professionals here at SERVPRO use the right tools to assist you properly.
Mold spores are all around us always, but when presented with the right conditions mold can quickly turn into a disaster within your own home. That is why it pays to know as much about mold growth as possible. That way, if mold ever becomes an issue within your home you will recognize it quickly, and hopefully be able to put a stop to it before it causes extensive damage.
- There are over 10,000 species of mold.
- Only about 5 species are commonly found in homes.
- Mold’s purpose in our environment is to decompose organic matter, which is why mold loves growing in our homes (drywall, wood, fabric, insulation materials, etc.).
- Mold growth can signal an unknown water damage.
- Homeowner’s insurance may not cover mold damage, be sure to check in with your agent about what your policy covers before you have a mold problem.
- Mold restoration damage in homes around the United States costs approximately 73 billion dollars a year.
- Mold remediation services that we provide here at SERVPRO of Park Cities are the only way to guarantee mold growth has been completely removed from your home.
If you suspect mold in your home call SERVPRO of Park Cities now at 214-522-3000.
Signs of internal water damage.
Water damage can be subtle. It’s important to know the signs and catch it before its too late.
While it may seem like water damages should be easy to spot, many times their signs are subtle and hard to find. Water damages, particularly when they go unnoticed for a long period of time, can cause extensive damage to the structure of homes and they encourage mold growth. Early intervention can save you time and money. Here are some signs that you might have a water damage in your home:
Wall Stains – Water damages can leave yellow, brown, or copper colored marks on your walls or ceilings. Excessive moisture can also lead to peeling, cracking, or bubbling paint. If you see any of these in your home, you may have had a water damage in the past or may have one currently. Rust marks under sinks or on water heaters don’t necessarily mean you have a current leak issue, but they are areas that you will want to keep your eye on in the future.
Damage to Floors – Floor boards affected by water may be discolored, but more often will show texture changes. Warped floor boards have gaps between them and curl at the edges. Some boards may have a spongy, soft spot or sink down lower than normal. Water damaged floors may also buckle or expand.
Water Bill – If you notice that your water bill has been higher than usual then you may have a leak somewhere in your home. A water meter check, either of the flow indicator or an actual reading, can help confirm any potential leaks.
Odor – A musty odor can indicate both mold and a water damage. Mold can grow within 24-48 hours when provided with a source of moisture, so if you see any signs of mold in your home there is a good chance you have had a water damage.
If you suspect a water damage in your home it is time to call in the SERVPRO of Park Cities experts. Call us for 24-hour emergency services at 214-522-3000.
Benefits of Mitigation
SERVPRO of Park Cities is here 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.
SERVPRO of Park Cities Professionals can save you from higher property damage costs!
1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines
SERVPRO’s 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines help ensure timely communication and response. Quick and accurate response can minimize loss expenses from secondary damages.
- 1. Within one hour from notice of loss, SERVPRO of Park Cities Professionals will contact you to arrange for service.
- 4. Within four hours of loss notification, SERVPRO of Park Cities Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services (if necessary).
- 8. Within 8 business hours, a verbal briefing of the scope of work will be communicated to the property manager or point of contact by a SERVPRO of Park Cities Professional.
Restore Versus Replace - SERVPRO of Park Cities Professionals strive to restore items to preloss condition. This helps lower mitigation and restoration costs while allowing treasured belongings to be salvaged when possible.
Pretesting - Through pretesting, SERVPRO of Park Cities Professionals can determine the extent of the damage, treating only the affected area to reduce job costs, restoration expenses and business disruption.
Inventory Analysis - The Inventory Analysis helps clients and tenants keep records of items and belongings, making the claims process easier should a disaster occur.
Contents Claim Inventory Service - CCIS provides itemized room-by-room loss inventory, allowing clients, tenants, insurance agents and adjusters to document claim items and capture inventory items immediately.
Electronic File Documentation Complete with Loss Reports - Online access is available to all files, information and proof of results, allowing the information to be easily transferrable to various parties involved.
24/7 Call Center - Prompt work order handling and dispatch don’t have to wait for daylight. Utilizing SERVPRO’s 24/7 Call Center, emergency services can begin as soon as possible, helping minimize additional loss, downtime and expense.
Large Loss Capabilities – Catastrophic Loss Response Team - With hundreds of trained crews manned with thousands of pieces of commercial equipment and service vehicles, SERVPRO’s Large Loss Response Teams can initiate response to any sized loss in any part of the country within hours.
Professional Reassurance and Consistency - As leaders in cleanup and restoration, SERVPRO of Park Cities Professionals strive to maintain a professional appearance in uniform, equipment, vehicles and cleaning methods to help convey “Green means clean!”
National Accounts Guidelines (for National Accounts Insurance Clients) - To assure to our clients they will receive consistent, professional service and performance across the country, the National Accounts Guidelines require completed job files, detailed communication and much more from SERVPRO of Park Cities Professionals.
More than 1,700 Franchises located in North America - SERVPRO of Park Cities Professionals are nearby, ready to respond quickly. The faster restoration begins, the quicker our customers can return to business.
Commercial Air Duct Cleaning
Commercial Air Duct Cleanings save your home or place of business from unnecessary Pathogens Give SERVPRO of Park Cities a call for more info.
Cleaning air ducts in a commercial building may seem like an unimportant item to add to a long list of “building needs”; however, it is not something to ignore, even if your ducts do not seem to be experiencing any issues. If you own a commercial property in the Park Cities area, consider using SERVPRO of Park Cities when it comes time to clean the air ducts in your building. There are many benefits to having air ducts routinely cleaned, here are just a few:
- Decrease in dust reentering the system, which will cut down in cleaning and remove potential allergens from the environment.
- Reduce the risk of mold in your ducts, which will help lower the amount of mold spores spreading throughout your property.
- Remove any materials from previous pest infestations, and decrease the likelihood of any future infestations.
- Longer HVAC lifespan and greater HVAC efficiency.
- Better air quality for building occupants.
For more information regarding a duct cleaning service for your commercial property call SERVPRO of Park Cities at 214-522-3000.
Tornado Safety in North Texas Tornado Alley.
SERVPRO Urges Your to remain safe during these emergencies. Being prepared can minimize damages.
Since North Texas is located in "Tornado Alley" - an area of North America prone to tornadoes includes the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota - many of us that live here are used to dealing with the threats that tornadoes provide, but is our knowledge really up to scratch? Tornado season is typically around mid-March through June (although tornadoes can occur at anytime of the year), check out these tips to see if you know everything you need to know about staying safe during a tornado.
- You should NOT open windows during a tornado. It is a common myth that it equalizes the pressure in your house; however, it does not do anything other than cause you to spend precious time outside of your shelter area. Doors should also not be opened, as it makes it easier for dangerous debris to fly into the house.
- Always pick an interior room, on a ground floor, and without windows as a shelter. If it is an option try to be in a room close to the north or northwest side of your home as tornadoes approach from the southwest typically. Hide under a sturdy piece of furniture or in a bath tub within your shelter area.
- Tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3 PM and 9 PM, but can occur at anytime.
- A tornado watch means that the conditions are right for a tornado, while a warning means that a tornado has touched down or there is circulation in your area. You should seek shelter immediately if a warning is issued.
- Never seek shelter under an overpass if you are driving during a tornado situation. Try to get off of the road and into a building as soon as possible. Many tornadoes can easily move cars, so you could be blown out from under an overpass or it could collapse on top of you.
If you experience any damage to your home or business during this storm season call SERVPRO of Park Cities 214-522-3000.