Storm Emergency Kit Park Cities, be prepared!
Is your family prepared for a storm? Are you prepared to survive in your storm shelter, wherever it may be, for up to a week? While storm tracking equipment is much more advanced than it once was, it will unfortunately never be able to predict the future so it is up to us to be prepared for any potential disaster situation. A good way to do that is to have a storm emergency kit prepared and easily accessible. Here are some good items to include in your kit:
- Non-perishable food (such as dried fruit or peanut butter)
- Can opener
- Trash bags and moist towelettes for sanitation reasons
- First aid kit with any necessary prescription medications
- Extra batteries
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap
- Paper plates, plastic cups and utensils, paper towels
- Water – at least a gallon per person, per day
- Battery-powered or a hand-cranked radio
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person
- Can opener (manual)
- Local maps
- Pet supplies
- Baby supplies (formula, diapers)
- Dust masks
- Cellphone with charger and/or solar charger
- Books, games, and puzzles.
SERVPRO Park Cities, always here to help.